THE LIBERATION MOVEMENT WILL CONTINUE THE ACTIONS FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE DECLARED GOALS
On November 21, 2021 it was announced that the liberation movement had started, the goals of which are:
- to prevent the anti-Armenian program of demarcation, also demanding the publication of the documents submitted for signature
– not to allow a corridor to be provided to the enemy; With the same announcement, an emergency meeting was convened on November 22, at 17:00 in the Republic Square of Yerevan.
Rallies and marches took place in Yerevan on November 22, 23, 24, 25 and 26, 2021.
According to the statement signed by the representatives of Russia, Armenia and Azerbaijan on November 26, 2021 it was noted that a demarcation commission was being set up between Armenia and Azerbaijan with the advisory assistance of Russia.
The parties signing the declaration were based on the 09.11.2020 agreement of the three states. It is worthy to mention here that the points of this declaration had been violated to the detriment of Armenia, such as, the Azeri forces did not remain in their positions, but emerged in the positions of the Armenian forces, even invaded the territory of sovereign Armenia, prisoners of war were not returned The process of demarcation and demarcation may lead to abortion of the issue of Artsakh’s status.
During a rally in Yerevan on November 27, the Liberation Movement demanded the resignation of Nikol Pashinyan and Armen Sargsyan, recording Nikol Pashinyan’s anti-national activities. The demand for Armen Sargsyan’s resignation has been submitted, as the latter in violation of the obligation stipulated by the RA Constitution, during the last three years did not pursue the observance of the Constitution, did not fulfill the main function of protecting the national interests as the head of state.
On November 28, members of the Liberation Movement made a pilgrimage on foot from Republic Square in Yerevan to the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin for the unification of the nation. The pilgrimage was done without political calls.
On November 29, another rally was held in Yerevan.
During the rallies, the representatives of the Liberation Movement stated that the opening of roads with Azerbaijan without a security solution would pose a threat to the people of Armenia.
Based on the above, the Liberation Movement informs that:
1. It will continue the actions aimed at the realization of the declared goals. It will continue to unite compatriots around the demands of Nikol Pashinyan and Armen Sargsyan’s resignations.
2. The Liberation Movement is a supra-party movement, ready to cooperate with all political forces, public units, professional communities and individuals.
3. Will continue awareness-raising protests, as well as the implementation of necessary actions arising from the situation.
Leaders of the Liberation Movement:
Nairi Hokhikian – TV commentator
Ara Zohrabian – Lawyer, Candidate of Juridical Sciences
Vazken Bedrosian – Turkologist, political commentator
VahaKn Chakhalian – Human rights activist
Antranik Markarian – Public Administration Specialist
Kakig Harutyunian – Actor
Sevag Hagopian – Political and public figure, journalist
Hayg Sahagian – Lawyer